Tyres are a critical component of your car that needs constant maintenance and service. Your tyres are in constant contact with the road surface, therefore you need to ensure their maximum efficiency. One way that you can do this is to ensure your tyres are at the correct air pressure. Many people are unaware of the importance of maintaining the correct car tyre pressure.
So What’s The Correct Tyre Pressure And How Do You Check It?
If you are unsure as to what the optimum tyre pressure for your car is, you are not alone! You should be able to locate a tyre placard on your car doors edge, fuel door or glove box which lists the correct tyre pressure for your car. Or you can check the car’s user manual. You can check your car tyre pressure at any petrol station or bring it to us at Cairns Auto Worx and we can check it for you! When checking your car tyre pressure, wait a few minutes after you park the car to check it. Go buy a coffee or stretch your legs before checking your tyre pressure for a more accurate reading. Drivers should be checking their car tyre pressure every month as car tyres lose air over time.
Why Tyre Pressure Is Important
Driving your car with the correct tyre pressure is crucial for safety, fuel economy and the longevity of your tyres!
- Safety: Driving your car with the tyre pressure over or under inflated can affect the safety of your car. Incorrect pressure can increase damage to your car tyres, reduce car stability around corners, reduce steering precision and increase the risk of your car sliding in wet conditions.
- Fuel Efficiency: Driving your car with tyres that are under inflated will reduce the fuel efficiency of your car. And with the rising cost of fuel, this is an important part of your car maintenance! So keep your car tyres at the optimal pressure for more efficient
Factors Affecting Tyre Pressure
There are a number of factors that can cause your car tyre pressure to change or vary. This is just another reason why car owners must regularly have their car tyres checked! Some factors include:
- Dramatic changes in weather can actually affect your car tyre pressure! So if you are driving from a warm climate to a cold climate or you expect a severe weather change, check your tyre pressure.
- The weight of your load in the car can affect tyre pressure as well.
- Car speed can affect tyre pressure.
If you are looking for assistance with your tyres in Cairns, contact us at Cairns Auto Worx. We understand the importance of keeping your tyres in good condition and can advise you on the condition of your tyres. We sell and fit a wide range of new and used quality tyre brands in Cairns and surrounding suburbs. As well as tyre fitting, we do puncture repairs, wheel alignment, and tyre rotations. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, reliable customer service and expert advice that you can rely on. Contact us at Cairns Auto Worx today to find out more ph 0415 690 566
Book your appointment now and get $5 discount.Make Appointment